Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Just Sayin...

I can't find wifi in Shimla for the life of me, so I have not been able to publish my most recent post. Don't worry people...it is a doozy.  For a town with a Subway chain, United Colors of Benetton, and Dominos pizza, I am shocked with the lack of Wifi here in Shimla.  Someone contact the mayor.

I just wanted to announce that on our way home from dinner last night, Missy had a near death experience from what seemed to be a "rabid" monkey.  First of all, if you have not already gathered, I am a huge fan of monkeys...huge.  I am not, however, a fan of the red-eyed monkey creatures that roam around this town.  They are everywhere.  And they stare.  Just this morning, I took "the long way" to the internet cafe because a pack of batshit crazy monkeys were hogging the stairs to the road I needed.  Yesterday, a man warned us against visiting the local temple because there have been an alarming amount of monkey attacks on tourists.  We did not go to the temple.  I now find myself walking with eyes in the back of my head and a racing heart at all times.  It's absurd.

Now, back to my story...Missy and I had just enjoyed a nice Indian meal of Himachal Pulao and had picked up some dessert for the walk home...because, you know, we are on vacation and we do what we want.  As we are walking, I notice a big batshit crazy monkey walking alongside Missy, staring up at her.  I panicked.  Do I tell her?  Should I ignore it and hope it goes away?  Should I yell "go go gadget samurai sword" and try and kill it?  I was at a serious crossroads.  Well, I took too long to decide because Missy noticed it walking next to her, froze, and screamed, "AHHHHHHHHH HELPPPPP!"  I am ashamed at what happened next.  A nice Indian family came to her rescue and shooed the batshit crazy monkey away from our path.  I, on the other hand, could be found about 1/4 a mile away, panting and sweating from having run as fast as possible away from the scene.  What kind of friend am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment