Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Riding Trains in the Deserts of India (Video Special)

Missy and I have had quite a bit of downtime here in Luxman Jhulla.  The other day, we took the ole' laptop to a rooftop cafe, where we sipped on fresh mango juice and watched all of the videos we have been creating throughout our excursions the last two months.  This is the first time we have viewed many of these video memories, and we were barreled over on the floor laughing.  I am not sure our Israeli friends at the neighboring tables really appreciated our immature giggle fit, but hopefully they are over it by now.  Who knew we were so hilarious?  The below videos should have made the blog weeks ago, but they amuse me so much that I thought we could debut them here.  These nicely summarize our train trip in the desert that I mentioned in a previous post.  Maire, if you are reading this (which you better be), watching these videos made me miss having you with us even more.  Thank you for hours of entertainment!

We are finally getting our acts together to leave this evening on the overnight train to Varanasi.  I am mentally preparing myself for the chaos of the city life again.  Also, this entire country is gearing up for Deepavali (or Diwali), the Hindu New Year celebration.  Missy won't shutup about how much she wants to get some sparklers.  We will see what we can do to make her happy.  God Speed.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment